Monday, February 27, 2012

Updating my success so far!

When I went to the free clinic, all they could answer me was "Its just your Diabetes"   Every time I tried to tell them about the pain I was in and my almost overnight vision loss.  Two different practitioners said almost identical things to me.  
   It has been little less then a month since I started this "Super foods" approach to my Diabetes.  Although I have more to do, I am happy to report some major progress.
  I have very little pain.  I still have some odd little pains and stings, but the deep muscle pain that made me want to cry and the pain in my arms is gone.
  My eyesight is back to the level it was before, maybe a little clearer.
  If it was just my Diabetes then why have these changes occurred, when my numbers are still too high?  
  This is why I say  the medication was partly to blame.  I have also pretty much cut my caffeine by 90%. Caffeine,  according to some research I did can stimulate the nerves, causing increased nerve pain.
  I have also cut out white flour, white processed foods, and red meat.  This has been difficult, but faced with the kind of pain I was having, I have not only become used to it, I am really enjoying my new diet, and trying to eat more things I would never, or rarely ate before.  
   The biggest thing I am noticing is a new kind of energy, I used to be EXHAUSTED all of the time. I was depressed and thought about laying down from the time I got up to the time I came home from work.  I am finding I am doing more, even when I have the chance to lie down.  
  I am rereading some of my Diabetes books, and trying to find supplements I can take , since I do have a lot of allergy's and intolerances, I am just as wary of some of these supplements as I am of medication.  I have been taking extra C, D, E,  fish oil, Today I bought something I have been reading good things about called CoQ10.  It is a powerful Antioxidant for your heart. I need to get a good quality Multi vitamin.  it would be nice if we could get all of our Vitamins and minerals from our food,   But realistically that is very hard to do.  
  My next goal is that I hope the sugar numbers will begin to drop more.  I would like to get some more exercise, and continue to explore meditation and Yoga.  
  Everything I am doing is worth it.  So that makes it easier everyday to continue my health plans.  This is not the time to go backwards, I hope my progress will continue and I can write about the good things that are beginning to happen.   Thanks for looking in,  Mrs Cook




                                                     









































2 comments:

  1. Wow, when you're starting to feel good without the meds that's powerful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pearl, this week is throwing me off, but I am still sticking to it! Its 9:30 and I just got home now. I am hungry but i did not stop at fast food. See you soon! Jean

    ReplyDelete