Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday update on my Health Progress

Today is Fat Tuesday. Happy to report I had no Punchke today{ I know i can't spell it! }  Had one been put in front of me I might have caved, but I did not seek it out and none came to me!  So lately I have been noticing some progress, I have not been in too much pain, and my energy level is rising.My morning numbers are down slightly, I still might give in and go back on Insulin, but since I am still really sticking to this I am not ready to give in yet!   My wonderful friend Patty gave me a book to read about Diabetes called,"Beat diabetes Naturally"  So far it has been really good, but pretty honest that I might have to go back to the shots.  
  One thing I do lack is exercise, however I do justify that by the hard work I do at work, on my feet all day, washing dishes, mopping floors, lifting the mop bucket, running all over the building when the girls need something.  But I know that I need to do more. I want to go back to doing some Yoga, I have a mat, and a lovely lady at work who could show me some stretches and movements.  I am not ready for any kind of High impact exercise yet, I am to fresh from the pain I was in,not too long ago.  I am looking forward to more daylight hours so that I could take some walks when I get home from work.  
   All in all I would say I am much happier then I was just a month ago. I feel hopeful that I can keep up my plan.  My vision has really improved and I no longer need new glasses as I thought I did.  The other day at sunset I really could see very sharp details on the trees as the sunlight was striking them, It was so beautiful, and the childrens faces at work are no longer blurry at a short distance away!  
   So the challenge now is to get those sugar numbers down, I am sure the more active and less fatigued I am, and the more activity I am up to, the numbers should move.  I will be very disappointed if they do not, but I find it very interesting that the positive reaction to my body is occurring without a huge number drop, proof that the medications were messing me up?   I also have little caffeine now, and no white flour products.  I don't know, I am open to all thoughts about this.  I do know that this positive reaction gives me the incentive to resist the bad food that was causing so much pain.  Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook












No more of this!
                                                        

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better even if the numbers aren't dropping as fast as you'd like. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete