Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Burrito poisoning

My husband who should know better assured me that the frozen burritos he served me for dinner was onion free, so instead of looking at the ingredient list, I ate the middles out, trying to avoid the flour wrap.  I felt bad right away, fell asleep, and had a face to face with  the commode.  I dug the bag out of the garbage and read for myself the list of preservatives and additives.  
  They say you need to eat whole foods, if you shop around the outer aisles of your grocery store you will be so much better off.  Fresh fruit and vegetables, lean fresh chicken and fish.  Most of the stuff in cans and boxes may be quick to make but its horrible to our health!  All of the salt added and preservatives some of the stuff you can't even imagine eating.  I have heard they use crushed up bugs to color chili, and sand in some foods.  Research some of those ingredients!   
  We are sacrificing our health in the name of quick and easy meals, The worse is what we allow our children to eat, not poor food as treats but everyday.  Fried food, over salted soup, and I don't even want to mention things like hamburger box helper, does anybody eat that anymore?  
  I have developed intolerance to many preservatives, M.S.G and sulphites, and some of the sugar substitutes.  Some Diet Pop causes me to have blurred vision Hives and my heart races and I get very tired and just not well.  
I am learning from experience how a life time of poor food choices impacts our health,  I learned last night how after a week and a half of pretty good food choices, how quickly a poor choice can set me back.   
  You can't trust other people to do it, My first instinct was not to eat it, and I certainly should have read the list on the bag.  If your loved ones insist on eating poorly, then you have to set the example and eat right for yourself, then hopefully by your example they will catch on.  
Still feeling sick this morning, but I have to get going,  Happy Valentines Day!  Thanks for looking in,  Mrs Cook
  P.S  Speaking of Valentines day,  I do allow my self one square of good dark Chocolate, Its actually good for you, and if I have given up Cookies, Cupcakes, and Cake, it makes me feel less deprived and more apt to stick to my plan!  :)   HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment