Sunday, February 5, 2012

let me introduce myself....Mrs Cook

This being My first blog, I will introduce myself and write a little bit about my life so far.  I think I have had an interesting life, both as an Historical reenactor, and as an avid miniaturist, I have worked with children for over thirty years, from being a teachers aide, bus driving, working with Toddlers teaching art and music, to cooking in a day care.  I was recently on the cover of Citizines Companion magazine, and I once won first prize in a miniature magazine.  I am married and have a son who just turned twenty two .  I have two of the cutest little black and white dogs, and some cats.  Several years ago Our family was involved in a car accident that changed the entire direction of my life. Someday I will write about that, I consider myself a liberal Christian, and my Great Grandparents were Jewish, I am a people person, and I believe that the heart of my religion is the teachings of Jesus about the compassion for the poor, and of all people.  
The reason I started this blog is to write about my daily fight with Diabetes and how it effects my life and threatens my ability to do all of the things that I love.  I feel that at this stage I am in the battle for my life.  I am fighting for my very survival .  I want to chronical what its like to deal with this everyday,  The pain, the fight with food, the life of someone who has a illness, and yes I have NO HEALTH INSURANCE!  It is a story about all of the emotions a person has to deal with with diabetes.  I would love this story to have a happy ending, I suppose some days I will be very angry, and some dqys will be more upbeat.  I think it will be helpful to some people.  Thanks for checking in, Mrs Cook

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Mrs. Cook to the blogosphere! Looking forward to some thought-provoking posts!

    ReplyDelete