Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Daves 50 today!

Happy 50th Birthday to mu Husband Dave.   I can't believe we are this age, its cliche but where did the time go?   We raised a son, survived ups and downs, poor and very poor!   But one thing that always saw us through was our faith in God,  All though we have had our struggles God always gave us exactly what we needed, through his time and not ours,   If we had not gone through that, we would not have this now.   We were very blessed to have parents that gave and gave, I hope that I have been that kind of parent to our son, by their example!   I pray that when the time comes we can be great Grandparents like they are to their Grand kids.
  Happy Birthday to our wonderful fiend Pearl, we have been blessed by having so many great Friendships, So many from our Civil war reenacting experience.   But many of these friendships have deepened and would continue long after we would put our tents away for good.  
  I believe that life will always balance out, the scales tipping toward the good if we just are patient and wait out the not so good parts of life.  My dad always says, "Its a great life if you don't weaken!"
   As I have said before I feel kind of an urgency to not be wasting any time, Maybe its time for the "Bucket List"  I need to have my life less scattered and maybe some what more goal driven.  It does not have to be as grandiose as scaling a mountain, but finishing projects, like my beloved miniature farm house, or gathering up the old cloths for donation and clear up some closest space.  I think I will think this out a bit more and continue that thought tomorrow......Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook   

No comments:

Post a Comment