Sunday, February 26, 2012

How to party without insulting your host.

I went to a party the other night, the hostess made homemade Italian cookies, brownies and chocolate truffles were on the table.  There must have been 50 cookies on the platter, My friend worked all day to make them, so when I say "I can't" she gets a hurt look on her face.
   So what do I do?    I looked them over and took the smallest one I could find and ate it.  After that I skipped all the other sweets out on the table.  Considering the party was right after work and I had no dinner I suppose it was ok.  Now here's the good part, I don't consider my diet plan blown. I have stayed on track afterwards.   It does not have to be all or nothing.  I wish there was more healthy options available at the party, I could have stopped and picked up something healthy to contribute, but that still would not have solved the problem entirely.
   It goes back to when I wrote about temptation.  These are the kind of hurdles we face daily.  I don't want to be a dieting hermit, I am going to go to party's, and  out to dinner.  Realistically I am going to face these dilemmas.
  I am at a point where the benefits are slowly starting to come into play.  I do not want to go backwards.  I am going to do the best I can, most of my closest friends understand, and so when I go to their houses they are really good about providing something healthy for me to eat, and not urging me to break my diet plan.  But you are always going to be put in the situation I was in, It would be unrealistic to think otherwise.
  So take the lesser of two evils, and if you just can't eat one bad thing and stop, then don,t put yourself in that situation until you are stronger.
   Even if you totally blow it for a day, it is not too late to get back to your plan, But if it continues you would need to reaccess and be honest with yourself and find out whats going on.  Healthy  Food can be a wonderful thing, but the wrong food can ruin your life, and we are all worth so much more then that.


                    Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook



No comments:

Post a Comment