Thursday, February 23, 2012

Family members who try to sabotage your efforts.

I wrote a few days ago about how I avoided the PUNCKE trap on Fat Tuesday, I was pretty proud of myself, but unsure of how I would have reacted had some been put out in front of me, Delicious sweetness, with razzberry filling gushing out as you bite into that wonderful soft pastry.!    Or the Bavarian Cream, That was my Heaven!   Actually a  diabetic  nightmare!
  So imagine my surprise and dismay when I came home from work yesterday to find a six pack of them, Razzberry, Apple and Bavarian cream!  Sitting in a prominent place on the counter!  My husband bought them and placed them there, "Why I asked diid you do that?"   "Because I did not get one" he says!  
   I was very angry but I walked away, sputtering. 
  Now My husband weighs 300 pounds, does no exercise at all, and works only two days a week.  I am trying to figure out the motivation for him to bring those doughnuts home.  I am into my diet plan now over three weeks, he sees me eating salad, he knows I have given up McDonalds, I eat Red beans instead of meat, he knows in particular I have given up white bread and most white foods, I gave up Diet pop, I ate no part of the double chocolate birthday cake,He made for his birthday.  
  His father did the same to his Mother a severe Diabetic who died at the age of 60.  So this is a pattern, but I suspect that there is more involved. Most obese people love to keep company with those who are the same, it is intimidating to them to see others try, and even succeed at what they themselves are unwilling or unable to do.  Misery loves company!
  What I don't get is that both his parents were diabetic, as was his grandmother who also died at 60, that's only a mere 15 years away, and his father also had a quadruple heart attack, that nearly killed him. As it was his death  came after an agonizing summer in which he suffered horribly.
   Knowing all of this he brings those D@#@!!!  Donuts home!  
  I am drawing a line in the sand here, because what I have started to achieve means more to me then those donuts, and I am just going to keep doing what I am doing, and he can make the choice whether he lives or dies.  Is that harsh?  I don't think so, it is taking all the energy I have to escape my own Diabetic fate, I will try to be a good example, keep being positive and fight this battle,  I don't know how to get him on board, I may not be able to.  Its like I said before, no body can change their life unless they truly want to.  
  But I am going to refuse to fall into the trap, that just because a bad food is put in front of me, I do not have to go there!  

  So I am Angry today, that is  pretty honest, but I continue to be proud of myself and the effort I am making.  Thanks for checking in!  Mrs Cook





























No comments:

Post a Comment