Monday, February 13, 2012

I am not ready to die.

As I said in my last blog, Whitney Houston died at the age of forty eight, the same age I am now.  Sometimes you hear story's about people who were in your peer group when you were young dying, I found out that my first fiance died a few years back.  
  I bring this up because I have spent a lot of time talking about dying as if it was something casual , my son said I have a death wish. As a matter of fact he had a dream I died the other night, he said he was very angry with me.  He asked me yesterday how my new diet was working out, then he told me about his dream.  I thought about this, first of all he really cares about me, and second is that I have been pretty selfish.  
  I have wasted so much time, I have allowed myself to treat my body, and self as if it really did not matter what I did.  It is also a sad way to draw attention to yourself.  I have some talents, I love working with Polymer clay, and have only tapped into a very small part of what I could do with that.  I also love building miniatures, I love working with wood, and researching my projects, I have learned more about architecture, historic eras, and the people who have made and sold miniatures then I could have ever imagined, so much so that I slipped right into working some Saturdays at my favorite miniature store with out really skipping a beat.  I also Love my historic reenacting, playing the laundress a unique, and I hope historically accurate character.  In my 15 seconds of fame, I won a national contest in American miniaturist magazine, I also, Thanks to my great friend Ken Giorlando (Check out his blogs!}  Got the thrill of a lifetime being on the cover of Citizens Companion Magazine, With his wife Patty, also one of my best friends in life.  
  I am not bragging here, but making a point, I am not ready to die, I have so much more I would like to do.  I don't have time to just spend time laying on the couch because I am too exhausted after work to do anything else.  I do not have time to wrestle with this pain,  I would rather have people see me as a triumphant person then a pitiful wreck who could have done more with her life. 
  Its possible I am really being hard on myself here, but if my lifestyle and choices are causing fear in the people that I love, especially my beloved son, then I have to change.  This is my new motivation to continue on.  Thanks for looking in.    Mrs Cook

2 comments:

  1. How are you doing today Jeanne? Are the numbers budging at all and how is the pain doing?

    P.S. Happy Valentines- and remember more than just your son loves you- a whole bunch of us do-- so keep on truckin- we're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pearl, Love you too! Numbers may be coming down slightly, My blog today is how Dave poisoned me with some Burritos out of the freezer yesterday so I am still not feeling too well today. Pain is going from my legs but my collar bone area is really sore. Thanks Pearl, and happy Valentines day to you! Call me and we will figure out the Big Birthday plans!

    ReplyDelete