Sunday, March 25, 2012

Preparing for the Holiday meal!

So another Holiday is coming up. Our family will get together and the traditional meal will be served.   I have to stick to my diet plan, and I don,t want to wear the red shirt in the room.   My first problem is what will I eat, The second is what will I bring to the meal,  The third is how to explain to people that I am serious about not bring deprived because I eat no red meat, potatoes, Bread, Dairy,{except for some cheese}, I am most certainly not starving!  I am not crazy, I know how I felt before, and I know how I feel now.  I don't want to go to a family dinner and represent myself as the food police either.  I want to be discreet, even though I publicly proclaim my life plan to anybody who cares to read about it.  {How IRONIC!}   I am going because I love my family, and hiding out from family dinners is not an option.  
    I have to go confidant, and representing the lifestyle I am choosing.  I used to feel so embarrassed when I went to family dinners when I was so fat, I felt so self conscious.  I felt as if everyone was watching as I ate. {They probably were not, but I felt that way!} 
    As I have said before, I could talk about nutrition now, as much as I could talk about miniatures, or civil war reenacting.
   As I deal with in my own family situation here at home, I will just represent by example, do what I need to do, and figure out what to bring that I can eat freely with out drawing attention to myself by just eating carrot sticks and broccoli spears.{ I don't just eat that way anyhow!}  My husband is changing, and caring about his diet, my friends are noticing the big changes in me.  Some of my friends are interested in my nutrition plans.  
   I just want everyone to understand that although I am taking a radical step in forgoing for now, traditional medicine, I am using food as medicine, and I am very serious about this.  I want this to work out, I want to show people that faith, and perseverance, can work along with a healthy diet and mindset to if not cure my diabetes and other health issues, then at least I can keep them in check, if not reverse them.  
This is MY choice, I will defend it based on the changes I feel, and based on how terrible I felt under the medications I was on.  
     My family is very traditional, but loving, so I am just going to enjoy the day, and prepare ahead of time for my nutritional needs.  I am going to think about what to bring, and let my Hostess know ahead of time.   That sounds like a good plan.   DON"T LET THE HOLIDAY FOOD TRADITIONS DERAIL YOUR  LIFE PLAN!   Find a way to enjoy the days ahead without letting temptations get the best of you!    Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook

4 comments:

  1. Thanks KEN, Really feel I am onto something here, feeling so much better now. Thanks again. Mrs Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. You holiday meal should be healthy that can save your health from various diseases. mexico food poisoning claim | mexico food poisoning

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard to go to somebody elses house for that meal. So I am preparing ahead of time on how I will handle it. It is the first family meal since I started on my "Super Food Plan' I know I will bring something healthy I can share. Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook

    ReplyDelete