Thursday, March 8, 2012

Excited about nutrtion, adjusting the plan.

The more I am following my Super Foods plan the more excited I am to share what I am learning with anybody who wants to hear about it.
   I also realize that I have to make adjustments as I learn about how nutrition can change the way I feel and help heal the things that are wrong with me.
   I have no desire to complicate this diet plan too much, but it only makes sense to not get stuck too quickly on ideas about food that just may not be working.  
    I am very fortunate to have a little health food store right around the corner from my work, I am intimidated by all of the supplements, but I bought a few things I have been reading about, and the nice thing is they offer some FREE magazines, they are filled with a lot of advertisements  But they are also filled with lots of good information,   And there is a lot going on in our area  dealing with nutrition and classes, that I did not know about.  
    One thing I have found is that my switch from Wheat to Corn, is probably not helping to reduce my blood sugars.   This led to my trying Brown Rice Pasta, which I really enjoyed with my Vegetable spaghetti sauce.  Of course Brown Rice is a carb, so I will see how this change will pay off.   I bought some ground Flax seed which I put into my Almond Milk, I also put it on natural Peanut butter and eat it on my Apples instead of Bread.  I could also put this on Yogurt, or Oatmeal.  
   I have often written about my pain reduction, and my new found energy, even when working longer hours.  This has been working out very well for me.  I have also noted my color has improved, I was looking very pale, and my skin was not looking very healthy at all.  
   I started Taking a Vitamin supplement called " ALIVE" It has 26 fruits and vegetables in it, and was not very expensive.  I am still trying to pack in as many whole Fruits and Vegetables as I can get in a day. I try everyday to eat at least one Apple, Spinach, and some Broccoli everyday, as well as Almonds, and the Flax seed   I eat Beans instead of meat.  I still Need to get more fish into my diet.  My big binge is the Popcorn, we have a glass Popcorn maker so I am avoiding the microwave kind, which is pretty bad for you.  
   I am still also staying away from Dark colas, and only have Pop of any kind as a treat.  
    I am still very excited about these changes, and yes I am still afraid about failing.  I did go to taco Bell on break today, and while I stuck to to basics of my diet plan, I kind of was bored with it, and really did not derive much  enjoyment out of it.  
   One thing I still must do is incorporate some more exercise into this plan.  I am going to work on this very soon.
    
                        No more of these!    These are my miniatures, I can make em, but I can't eat em!!!     Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook
































   

1 comment:

  1. After a while your taste buds do adjust. One of Tim's poptarts was left on the counter. I thought oh well I can afford a treat so I ate it. It turned out to be a s'more flavored one- and what surprised me the most is that I found it didn't really taste that good. For a sugar addict like me that's progress.

    ReplyDelete