Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Depressed or sad?

I woke up somewhat depressed today. I have a lot on my mind,  I have a pain in my shoulder.   Somethings don't always happen as quickly as I would like.  I want my sugar down where it should be.   I have things to do and never enough time.
   I guess you could say I am stressed.
But is that so horrible to be stressed out, what does it mean?   If everything was perfect in our life's that would be wonderful, but its not very realistic is it. I see stress as a sign that something needs to be changed in our lives, Like my blood sugar, its an indicator that I am not eating right.  Had I dealt with it instead of ignoring it I would not be in the mess I am in right now.  Same as my financial situation, I tend to sweep all of my financial woes under the rug, because  It is overwhelming and I just don't like to deal with it.  
  I am really annoyed with Drug company advertisements that push people to take pills to cure anything that is wrong with you.  If you are depressed it could be your diet, it could be you need a different job, it could be because you are surrounded by toxic people.  Taking a pill might numb you to your problems, but it can't fix them.  And yes I know there are people who really need medication, I get that.  What I am upset about is the idea that antidepressants and other drugs, along with the side effects that come with them are over prescribed and are being given to young people instead of teaching them to fix problems with creativity and faith, and to realize that emotions and feelings, like sadness are a normal part of life.
    My son thanked me not long ago , because I refused to put him on drugs while he was in school.  Hes a boy!   He hated sitting for long hours, He wanted to be learning by doing, He shined in the acting department, and that boy who did not like to read long story's, learned  entire scripts by memory.  He had a great time acting, it was a release for him.  
   So why am I depressed today? As I said I have a lot on my mind, things I need to fix, I have a lot of responsibility in my life, so do most people.  I have  a disease I have to deal with everyday.   I ate cottage cheese last night, a milk product....HUH?   I can hear you saying "WHAT? Whats that got to do with it?"   Lets think about that, I have been avoiding milk, it makes me sleep and I have trouble with the lactose in milk.  Its not the entire reason I am sad today, but it just goes to show that a food trigger might make me less able to deal with things in my life today.   Do I need a pill?  No, I need to make sure the things I put into my body are not a cause of depression.   I spent time meditating and praying this morning. I have made affirmation by naming five things in my life that are good,  I find that the simple act of putting all of this down , warts and all is great therapy for me.   I have to go and DEAL with my life today, I am grateful for the opportunity to do that!
                    Thanks for looking in, MRS COOK































2 comments:

  1. Depression is okay, contrary to what society says, as long as it doesn't overtake you.
    You are loved, Mrs. Cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! it is friendship like that that keeps me fighting the good fight, it is the reason I get to the weekend, and look forward to having some fun, and making some really worthwhile memorys. I truly love the wonderful friends I have in my life, it is live giving! Mrs Cook

    ReplyDelete