Saturday, March 10, 2012

A note about my caring friends, and how important they are to me!

I can't say enough about the value of friendship in a persons life.  I have met some of the most wonderful people through my pursuits of Historical reenacting, and miniatures.  Maybe because these people get me.  They don't think its unusual to dress up in clothing that represents 150 years ago, or to build a giant historical  house in your spare room.  
   Sometimes I don't feel I deserve such great friends because I can be pretty grumpy sometimes, but I do appreciate everything that my friends do for me.  
   I really feel that it is my friends encouragement that keeps me trying to get healthier,  If I thought nobody cared it would be very hard to deal with this disease.  
   But I have been very lucky to have caring friends,  So many times I have been touched by a caring gift,  Like vitamins, or a healthy food, My good friends have given me books to read about Diabetes, And other kindnesses, and advice  I received notice the other day that my friends 
 bought me a subscription to PREVENTION magazine.  
   A few of these friends came down to the river with me last October as I did a living wake to myself, with instructions on what do do in the case of my demise.  Yes I know, but at the time I was feeling pretty hopeless and sick.  I suppose it was more fun for me being alive to take the walk, and it was an amazingly beautiful day!   
  It is these friends who get me through everyday of my "living life"  and I would not want anybody to be sad for me, because I  have so many happy memory's everyday Thanks to my wonderful friends.  
   I have forgone tradition Doctors, advice for now, I know this drives some people crazy, but I have to follow my heart.  and I my friends understand that the pain I was in and the loss of my good vision was causing me much suffering.  I would rather feel like I do now for a shorter time, then suffer longer.  I want to be the kind of friend that they are to me, back to them!  I want to go to reenactments, Go to my miniature club, take walks, talk about more then my pain and suffering, I want everybody to get as excited about Good healthy food, as I am!  I want to be a fun and caring friend.  In other words I want to live life to the fullest!
   I am not excluding my family here, I want to be the best for them also.  I am grateful to them as well.  I could not be where I am with out their love and support.  
   So everyone I love, Be patient with me as I try to find ways to improve my health and welfare,  I am so grateful to all of you.  
                                   Thanks for looking In , Mrs Cook
   
   



















































1 comment:

  1. If you weren't such a wonderful person - one who would be greatly missed should your demise come at too early of an age - you wouldn't have such wonderful friends.
    It takes one to know one!

    ReplyDelete