Saturday, March 17, 2012

I am so excited about nutrition! How come you are not?

I am so excited about the way I am feeling now that I am almost two months into this, I want to shout it from the rooftops!   WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG?
    Alright I have to tell myself, calm down not everyone is going to take such a dramatic change, I was not ready until two months ago, that was thirty years of garbage eating on my own accord.  I had studied nutrition, I knew exactly what I should do.  
   It is more then calories,  It is more then sugar free substitutions, It is being able to break the bondage that holds us back.  Traditions, Holiday Eating, party eating,  I wrote about how everyday is a temptation!
   We all know that white processed food is terrible for us, we know how bad fried food is, we must know that Hotdogs and processed meats are full of fat and cancer causing nitrates.  We know that salt is killing people, and thats not just adding salt from a shaker.  
   What I am amazed about is how I feel.
1.  I am getting stronger everyday
2.  My PAIN is nearly gone.
3.  My loss of vision is gone.
4.  My energy level is increasing everyday.
5.  I no longer want to lie down every possible moment.
6.  I am sleeping for longer periods over night.
7.  I am excited and thinking more clearly.
8.  I am reading about NUTRITION and how FOOD affects your well being.
9.  I am at a weight I feel very comfortable with.
10.  Other people are noticing the change in me.


The changes I have made have benefited me after only TWO MONTHS!   I am looking down the line at How could my life be different if I can do this for a year? Two years? A lifetime!  
  I have had some friends commenting on my new will power.  It is easy for me because the food I was eating made me fat, but had NO SUBSTANCE!  I am substituting food with real flavor and real nutrition, so even though I "gave up" the super frosted carrot cake my husband brought to the party last night, The Mango I ate was just fantastic!  Sweet and flavorful and packed with NUTRITION!  
  I feel the same way about my spinach salad,  Apples and almonds, Broccoli, Avocados, etc. This is my replacement for the "HAPPY MEAL" and its life style.  
  The best part is that I am rarely hungry.  I have learned to eat less food, but because it is POWER PACKED, It does not leave me hungry, and I do not miss that terrible bloated feeling you get from over eating poor food.  
   I think what had held me back was the tradition, and the expectation that you have to eat what is expected of you at party's, and holidays.  My friends are realizing I am done with that line of thinking now,  I just feel so GOOD!
  I want everyone to feel this way.  Instead of my aches and pains, my funeral plans, my half empty view of life, This is what I want to talk about, I am EXCITED!  So please put up with me!   I really feel I am onto something here!  Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook! 



































2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that the pain is lifting. Keep being the drum major for a healthy lifestyle. Other people will take up the beat in their own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! But its like falling in love, you just want to share it with everybody! Instead of napping the day away I am cleaning...I have that kind of energy right now! Thanks for being such a caring friend, and again I thank you for the subscription to Prevention Magazine! Love you, Mrs Cook

    ReplyDelete