Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I am STRESSED! But NO EXCUSES!

A lot has been going on in my life this week that is really STRESSING me out.  I wont' go into all of the details because that's not what this is about.  I am telling you this because it is the first time since I started my "Super Foods Plan" that I am unhappy.  I also slipped and  fell at work and re injured the leg that was just feeling healed.  My point is that this used to be a great excuse to just go crazy and drop the diet, Grab a Happy Meal, Go get an Ice cream cone full sugar, Go grazing and eat an amazing carbo load!  
   I do still have that urge, It does not just go away. But I am using the tools I have been putting in place to not beat my self up with GARBAGE, Who in the long run would I be hurting?   It certainly would not fix the stress I am under.  
  Ronald McDonald would love it, But I would hate that I gave in and I would lose some valuable self esteem points.  
  I am super angry about my leg.   The muscle is probably pulled and feels like a knot, with my  nerve damage it is probably going to take a long time to heal, just when I wanted to start some exercise.  It is so STUPID!  But I can't let it get me down, I will just have to be patient.  I am going to keep practicing my calming techniques , Breathing and meditation.
   I used to use every EXCUSE to justify blowing my diet, every up and down in life to eat, and who when stressing goes for that extra large spinach salad, or really tears into those broccoli spears!  But why do we do that?
   It is so not worth it.  It does not make it any better, what will give power, self esteem and control over your feelings and destiny is to say NO!  " What ever is getting me down is just not worth the beating I will give myself if I use this as an excuse to abuse my self with this GARBAGE FOOD!"
  Yes, I know easier said then done, but It can be done.  
   I am going to prove that today.  I am going to stick to my healthy diet despite how I am feeling, I am not going to let frustration, and pain rule me...NOT TODAY!   I have worked too hard these past two months, I have made the investment in myself, through time, research, and the money I have spent to ensure that I have healthy food readily available.  There are other ways to deal with your emotions.   Food does not rule over us, we decide the roll food plays in our lives. I have decided to let food play a part in my healing, and the healing of my attitude.  NO EXCUSES TODAY!   Thanks for looking in, Mrs COOK

                                                      
She always puts a smile on my face!  Hope you smile when you see her too!














1 comment:

  1. Casey does bring a smile to your face- hope you're feeling better today and not as sore. Hope you can soak up some sun today.

    ReplyDelete