Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No Hope? Three years... Five years? I don't think so!

I tried to engage my husband in a conversation about what I had  learned at the money class the other night.   He put it all down with out hesitation and basically said we have no future and I WILL be dead in five years.  How on earth do I deal with that?
   How do I deal with that sort of mindset.  I told him every one of my friends is cheering me on and wishing me well, but not him.
   It is depressing to me that this is where he is happy at.  I wrote before about this , and of how his Mom died at around 60 years old,  I am not happy to call sitting watching T.V or playing video games a life.  I have so many interests and friends that I could be busy most of the time, and I also have wrote about how many things I have left to do in life.   
   So again , how do I deal with this.  
   I pray in earnest for him, I try not to nag a whole lot about his health, I just wish he would wake up.  I write about this personal side of my life because it is a cause of deep frustration and a major block to my success.  In no way will I let his attitude stop me, I just wish the man who he  could be would grab a hold of him and make him see that there is a future.   
    I really can't deal with this right now, I am going to concentrate on what MY future holds, and see where it takes me.   The first Dr.I saw only gave me three years, so I guess hes optimistic about giving me five years to live.   WOW!


My Grandma died at 60 too from Diabetes, but my little dynamo Mom is 68 years old. still working everyday and planning vacations, and yes she too has Diabetes. But its what is in your mind about where you can go and what you can do with your life.  If I die tomorrow or thirty years from now I want to know that I lived my life to the fullest, had great friends and memory's, and gave back something to this world.  
   No body or no disease is going to get the best of me!
                                                  
                                                      Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook



      
   My Mom, a Dynamo, and a fighter. An inspiration in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment