Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just a little update.

Still going strong on my "Super food plan"   Could have reached a boring phase if I had just stuck to spinach salad, but I have been trying out some different things to make, especially since dining out really is not the same anymore! 
   Tonight I made black bean tacos, they were very good!   I have also created several times my Veggy spaghetti sauce,  I have some more ideas to try out, but I will say,   my hearty   Black Beans Tacos are so much better then the tacos I get at taco Bell,  The beans at Taco Bell are soupy and weak, and since I don't eat the meat, it is not very substantial.   Went to Mcdonalds today with a friend, I ate half an order of small frys, very BLAND, The great thing is  that all though I ate them and have no desire to blow three months of nutritional eating on this stuff!.   Came home and ate spinach salad,  Before I felt so deprived if I could not have my Mcdonalds, now I just feel annoyed if I do have to go there!
   My sugar numbers are still high, the culprit could be POPCORN, even though I looked it up and researched it, and it should not raise my sugar,I believe it does, and I am going to have to limit it, it is after all a starch.  It does not make sense to make all of the other changes, and blow it all on one thing.  I am going to cut it out a few days and see if that helps any.
    One thing on my diet is that I am seeking variety, I found out we have an Indian foods market right across from work, I probably passed it a thousand times, but they sell my SEV Noodles, made out of CHICK PEA FLOUR, non gluten and taste very good!   I love them in my salad!   We also have the Arabic store which sells LABNA, a thick Greek like yogurt.I have added brown Rice and lentils to my diet.  And of course The Mexican style food can be made very healthy as well.  I think if you can expand your horizons you would find plenty to eat on my diet plan.  I assure everyone I am NOT starving!  
   I make sure that I have a good combination of Protein, Carbohydrates, and Vitamins, I also eat healthy fats like avocado and Almonds. 
  I believe I am at a healthy  weight right now,  I would not mind getting to 120, but if I don't It is no big deal.  I am at 125, 126, right now.
   Best thing is my husband is getting the idea, he is out playing hockey, and really trying to eat healthier,  Maybe by next year our 25th anniversary he will look good and be fitter!   Well that's my update for tonight, Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook 






























   

No comments:

Post a Comment