Friday, April 6, 2012

Just say YES!

Saying NO to so many things that I have to can be difficult,  But eventually you realize it is a good trade off to feeling better.   
   Perhaps you should think of  it really as saying YES instead, yes to feeling better, yes to clearer thoughts, yes to all of the Good things you never tried before because you had preconceived thoughts that you would not like that type of food, or drink.
    Some people I know have been on a Lenten fast, But as soon as its over many will go right back to the things they have given up.  
    I will continue giving up Red Meat, Dairy Milk, White Sugar, White Flour, Processed Foods, and what I call garbage foods.  I also gave up POP and Caffeine. 
   I would have to say I have not suffered at all from giving up these items, on the contrary, I wish I had done this a lot sooner!
   Now I am no diet Saint either,  Sometimes I do look at the Box Mac and cheese at work and have a wishful moment, or the jelly beans which have been all over work the last couple of days, But I have to keep on my plan if I want to see the results I am hoping for....For me there is no halfway, Each day you lose , is a day you will never get back, and restarting is so difficult.
  Also as a diabetic, I have to sometimes go deeper then I thought, like giving up POPCORN every night, That is a tough one,  I already gave up Cows milk and cereal at night, But it is worth it to me.
   Every person has to make their Diet...{LIFE}..plan personal, you have to look at what your goal is, and then realize once you get there, it would be for nothing if you just went back to doing everything that hurt you in the first place.  Food can medicine, and a great part of a healthy life, or if you choose the wrong foods, it can be poison to you, and shorten your days here on earth!  
  Personally looking at how much time I wasted, I just wish that everyone could see how much food effects us, and is a part of us. 
   A lot has been said recently about the cost of healthy food, and people are asking why does a Cheese burger cost 99 cents, and a salad costs 4 dollars, I think some of that is acceptance, but I think the extra cost of finding healthy food is well worth it,  If you have to give up something to gain health, and a better attitude towards living, then the so called cost is worth it!  
Take for instance the cost of my Tortilla chips, Mine are made with no preservatives, All kinds of healthy ingredients, like Flax seeds, they taste really good.  Doritos which have all kinds of additives, and turn your fingers orange, they cost the same as my chips do, around 4 dollars.
   A bag of Apples, compared to the cost of Ice Cream?  Baby Spinach, compared to the cost of Ground beef.  The cost of two people going out to a sit down dinner, with tip, compared to gathering up healthy grocery's for the week?  We only think we can't afford healthy food, it simply is not true. We have to have our priority's in place. 
   The cost of getting sick, is so much more then putting a few dollars extra into your health!
   There is so much that we have to think about when we decide to get healthy, it is so much more then just saying No to everything,  It is good to get together with friends who understand what you are trying to do, plan healthy dinners together, if you can exercise together, talk about what is important to you, and about your goals, Trying Great Health is contagious!  Just some more thoughts, Thanks for looking in. Mrs Cook


























   
   












































1 comment:

  1. When I was with my family I told them your story. They were really impressed. I'm hoping they will start to make some changes so they will start feeling better too. I brought broccoli with me the first day there and everyone thought I was a bit strange. I also asked for Easter dinner if I could have one of the tomatoes, since the only fruit/veggie there was corn on the cob and cranberry jelly.

    ReplyDelete