Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random thoughts...

Been a long frustrating week for me.  My entire routine has been upended, so I am very tired, very grouchy and very out of sorts.   Still on the plan, but not getting the time to do everything I had hoped, grabbing quick bites, and not much time to really do my meditations, and I had hoped to really try more Yoga and exercise, thats been on hold.  But I have not ran to the junk at all, except for the popcorn, harder to give up then I thought. I think that is because I have not had the time to shop for an alternative healthy snack, expect for my Indian Sev noodles, which I need to let up on a bit, even though they are still gluten free.   So while all is not perfect in my world, I am still not letting it slip away.
   Had Titanic on the brain, Saturday will be spent at Greenfield village my home away from home. 100 years is hard to believe, my Great grandparents were married in 1912, and  my Great great Grandfather was suppose to be on the Titanic, but missed that ship, he was on the Mauritania, that sailed over the site, but by then there were no more survivors.   Saturday I am going to see the exhibit at the museum.  all ready saw the 3D MOVIE last week.  
    My son broke up with his long time on again...off again girl friend, so that has been sad for me.  Hard to accept people into your life, then have them gone, and its not anything you can have a say so about.  You just have deal with it.
    Its amazing how you can have all the best intentions in life, but things will always happen, some you can control and some not.  Still how you deal with things is your responsibility, self control, even temper, even in the midst of the storms we have to deal with. I struggle with that,  I have had a tendency toward sadness, self defeat, and self doubt,  I am hoping that my new lifestyle changes, nutrition, and meditation will help counter those feelings.  I also feel that I am a survivor, and that I can make things work out with my faith.  Sometimes just living is  so full of tricky turns, I am glad I am able to deal with everything as it comes.   
    This week I have as I said, not everything went according to plan, but I have not felt the need to punish myself, or reward myself with garbage food,  I hope that will always continue now that I am fully engaged in eating healthy.  I did find some time for meditation and prayer tonight, that always helps.   As for right now i am going to go to bed,I am pretty tired, glad tomorrow is Friday.  Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling so sick this past week that I thought I'd treat myself by having my formerly favorite food -the how can you pass it up for only 2 bucks meal deal- Taco Bell's Gordita Supreme, dorito chips with a cherry coke (I haven't had pop since October since it's bad for a person diagnosed at my "hmm" tender age with osteoporosis. I was shocked at how bad it tasted. Maybe it's because I've been sick but I was surprised how what I had been pineing after wasn't that great after all. Keep sticking with your plan Jeanne- your an inspiration to more people than you know.

    ReplyDelete