Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waking up....

Still on the plan, still no sugar, flour, milk or meat.   Financially a bit set back, so I have to be careful of the food budget, but that is NO EXCUSE to eat bad food, and so far I  am not.  
I did go with my son to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Hockey game the other night, was so tempted to order frys....but I did not.I ordered a side salad, and put naked {unfried} chicken tenders on it. No frys!  
   Also went to The Eagle Tavern Saturday, ate Trout and not one roll...Used to order a whole extra basket of them.  I feel good about these things because I am not letting tradition, and  food rule me.  It is a great feeling knowing you can walk away from frys and rolls, and the experience of going out is not diminished.  Now this may not seem like a big deal to some people but to me it takes a lot and it is getting easier.
   My job is getting very stressful, and it has turned my schedule upside down, and inside out.  I am not getting the time I had planned for Yoga in, so I am really going to have to dig deep to make the time I do have at home count.  I have to do some form of exercise,  Its just that I am maxed out at work, it is not easy to work in daycare, You have to be on 110%  all of the time, you can never let your guard down.  it helps that I love kids, and being with kids makes me happy.  But still I am in the process of healing, so I can't allow myself to not have some balance with work and rest.  
    I guess I am a little frustrated, but if I go back to my old ways, I could never keep up with all that I have to do, I have to move forward.  If I can come this far I know I can do more, Dig deeper if necessary,  I am determined to get closer to the life I want to lead.  
   My husbands progress has been amazing, with out me nagging, he is changing everyday, for the first time I can imagine him thinner, and with some self esteem, and certainly with more energy.  He is giving me some hope, which is what you want from a relationship.
  After the Accident our life changed, then stalled.  It feels as if we are waking up after a long dormant sleep.  All of this is possible because we are starting to care again, about ourselves, and each other.  
  So even though I am undergoing some stress, I believe that we are on the right track.  So I am ending this and my day on a positive note, and isn't that a great way to end the day?  Eat healthy, pray, and find the good.  Thanks for checking in, Mrs Cook.














   









No comments:

Post a Comment