Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some thoughts on Happiness!

Today I am writing about happiness,  Today I just woke up happy, maybe its because its a Saturday, maybe because I just survived a very tough week at work.  
   Part of my happiness is that my relationships are  strong, I base my life on the principles of LOVE, FORGIVENESS. and PEACE.   I don't like conflicts, I would much rather just have a good time.   
   I am no saint, and while I may complain, and sputter sometimes about this or that, overall I try maintain relationships, if i have people around me who I feel more upset being around, then a good feeling, I try to practice avoidance, Fighting, and bickering is not how I want to spend my time.  As a diabetic, I see that time is precious and how I spend my time matters.  
  I have every right to be happy, I am a survivor,I have learned how to live without a lot of money,  I have followed my heart, and done wonderful and interesting things with my life, I have the BEST friends a person could ever dream of!  I have a  great family.  
   Yes my life is far from other peoples ideals of life, but I try to make the best of things, and if things are not right, I try to make them right, if possible.
   My life is FAITH based,  Not the faith of others, that is their personal business and religion, I go straight to Jesus, what did he say about others, how did he love people, I try to feel empathy towards others, especially those people who don't look like me.  I try to not be judgmental about other people who are from other country's, have different religions, and backgrounds.  Who makes any person judge and jury?   My friends often differ from me politically, While I would love them to see my point of view, I am not going to waste time arguing, I would rather get along.  
   I spent alot of my adult life trying to get some attention by being depressed, waste of time.   Still have days, its only human, but I would much rather just vent, get it over with and move on.   
   I have found that while on this diet, things do not bother me as deeply, or for as long, still had a long tiring week, still have no money, still have diabetes, but this morning I woke up HAPPY!
   Count your blessings, rely on your own survivor skills, reach out to your friends and loved ones.  Take care of your body and your mind, stay sharp as long as you can, and never ever think you know it all, or that somebody can,t teach you something.
    We all have the right to be who we are, we all have the capacity to be HAPPY!  Have a wonderful day!   Thanks for looking in, Mrs Cook


















































    

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is like the sky you told me to look at a couple mornings ago- thanks for making me aware of it; it's like stopping to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we can get so caught up what we have to do to survive we forget to take some time out to be happy, So when you think of me, think about that sky, We all need to take that time out every day to reflect on whats good in our life. Love you, you are a blessing in my life! Mrs Cook

    ReplyDelete