Sunday, June 17, 2012

A quick update from Mrs Cook!

Just an update, been very busy at work lately, so I have not had much time to write.
People are probably wondering about my diet, Still sticking to the major parts of my plan, No flour, Milk, white sugars, Dark Colas, Coffee and very little white foods.  Turned my Dad down for an ice cream stop yesterday...As time goes on this has gotten easier for me,  Financially it is hard to always have all of the good food I want around, But I still am not backing down, I refuse Mcdonalds and Burger King, I have become accustomed to turning down cakes, Cookies, Donuts etc...
   My Dad complimented me yesterday, and that was very meaningful to me, He said" Whatever I was doing looks like its working"   and that I looked better.  That means a lot to me.  
   My work has changed and sometimes this can be very stressful,  but by getting a handle on my diet, I find that it makes it easier for me.   I will be honest here I am not checking my sugar enough, but when I was, the numbers seemed to drop some, I suppose this will be a slow process as my body heals.  It took a long time to mess it up, and it will take a long time to get better.  
   I am nearly six months into this "Super food plan"   I have no desire to go back now, and I rarely if ever have any regrets, Maybe when I couldn't have the rolls at the Eagle Tavern, or will pass up my favorite Ice Cream bar at the fire works.  But here's the deal....One slip up can lead to another and another, I have written about all of this before, Since I refuse medication, I have to be  hard lined about this, this is my life, and Cookies, and fatty cheeseburgers, Pizza,  Hot dogs Fried Chicken,etc... will take that life away from me, not add to my life.  I had to say..."Enough is enough!" And I meant it....
   I have had changes at my work, and now Dave has gotten the shift he has wanted at his work for two years.  For the last couple of years Dave has had to work 22 hour weekends, which meant no activity's, including Civil War reenacting, weekend B.B.Qs, movies, or anything....On the other hand I have had complete freedom on the weekends to do what ever I wanted.  It will take some adjusting to, but I think it will work out.  As far as Civil War goes this will free me up to do more weekend camping events, and allow Dave to participate.  he has missed so much, including the Christmas party's, which he loves to cook for.
    So that is a quick update on whats been going on in our lives, Jordan, Scotts Girlfriend, has been staying with us since her terrible house fire,  Nice to have another female around this place!   We have a wonderful relationship with our neighbors, and their wonderful little boy, he comes over and shares my Popcorn with me at night, and believe me I don't share my Popcorn with just anybody!   As always wish the finances would catch up,  but I have been blessed with great people in my life, so life is good right now, enjoying the summer so far.    Take it easy, and thanks for checking in, Mrs Cook




Casey is snoring under the desk as I write this!   She is dreaming of visiting all of the neighbors around here!  Her favorite activitity!
















































  

1 comment:

  1. Casey we miss having you visit girl. Glad your the socialite of your neighborhood and good company for your human mom. Tell her to keep up the good work taking care of herself!

    ReplyDelete