Saturday, May 19, 2012

Put a positive face on it!

Recently I ventured away from my no comment rules about some things I saw in a loved ones postings that I bothered me.  
   It was about profile pictures and such that I saw as very negative to that persons outlook on life.  It may seem silly to some, but I have always been a firm believer that you should surround yourself with positive images, especially when you are going through tough times.  How you see yourself is a reflection of who you are, and where you are in life.
  I believe that we as people are here to reflect on Gods will, I think this matters as a place to start in life.  I believe in a loving God that does not spend his time punishing people, but has given us a refuge and a place to go when life has gotten hard.  
   After our car accident, I had two roads to go down, blame God for allowing it, or thank God for saving us, after all we survived didn't we.
    I also have a disease that probably will shorten my life, but I thank God that  through his strength I have found coping skills that have steered me away from obesity, and I have found the benefits  of eating healthy.  
   I Thank God that he has always put things into place in my life that kept me from going over the edge.  
   This is why when I see a person represent themselves with very negative images, I get upset by that.  Life is TOO SHORT,  I have gone through and have seen things that are upsetting, but I have managed, and I say only with Gods great plan for me, to have a loving family, the most comforting and wonderful friends, a husband who loves me, a son I love so much, survival skills at my job.  I am surrounded by children, who I love and who love me, I come home to my loving pets, I am surrounded by things that comfort me, Books, pictures, antiques, things that were once my beloved Grandmas, and yes, my Teddy bears.  These are all things that comfort me and make me happy when I am feeling depressed.  
   I am not saying all of this because I think life is easy, I think it is very hard, and harder at times. I am saying this because I think its just not right to dwell on the negative.  Some people use music to find comfort, some people plant gardens, some people have miniatures, or build models,or are into horses, :)  But the center has to be built on faith, reach out to good positive people, draw in positive energy to you.  Then you get to pay it back, and that feels even better.  
   As I say, {And Ferris } "Life is short, you better look around, or you might miss it."  If you are miserable, pray, throw out the negative, and pull that good energy in, don't beat yourself up about the past and things you can't change, but move forward, start a new day, even a new life.  I know its not easy, each day is a challenge, but if I can do it, anyone can, its just a gift to have life, don't let it go to waste.  Now go out and have a great day.   Thanks for checking in, Mrs Cook 







   

No comments:

Post a Comment